Hearing Voices Support Groups
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 16 January 2018 23:31
- Published: Tuesday, 10 October 2006 18:00
- Hits: 20194
Peer Support Groups.
For people who hear voices or see visions and other unusual sensory perceptions
Q: WHAT DO THESE PEOPLE ALL HAVE IN COMMON?
Joan of ARC
(See the end of the page for the Answer.)
WHO ARE THE GROUPS FOR?
People with personal experience of hearing voices, seeing visions or having other unusual sensory experiences.
“I used to think that I was the only person this is happening to. The group helped me realise that there are others out there with similar experiences. I am not alone.”
OUR HEARING VOICES GROUPS ARE :
- A safe and confidential space to meet and talk with other people with similar experiences.
- Relaxed and flexible.
- Open to different ideas about voices and visions.
- Open to positive experiences, as well as distressing and difficult ones.
- We know that there is more to you than your voices or visions. In the group, you can talk about whatever’s important to you.
- Sharing ways people live with the experiences and research on the subject.
- Groups are where possible facilitated by people who have experience of voices and / or visions, or aim to be.
In New Zealand we are an Independent Society, and a Registered Charity. We do not refer to mental health services. We respect confidentiality and request all that attend do so as well.
SUPPORT GROUPS IN AUCKLAND
2 Smythe Road
Every second Wednesday, 7.00pm to 8.30pm
Next dates are Feb 14, 28 , March 14,28, Apr 11 and 25 2018
Whariki Whaiora and Family / Whanau Service
54 Carruth Road
Contact Richard on 022 649 8927
Realities is a new group supporting people who experience, or who have experienced, living in a different reality to others.
It provides a safe place to discuss realities, without judgement.
Your reality may include altered sensory experience- (“voices” (audial), visual, smell, taste, touch). It may include spiritual experience and heightened awareness. It may be that you have a different take on life than others. There may be other ways you interpret reality differently
The meetings often allocate time for a nominated group member to describe their experience.
They are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month at the Newtown Community Centre, Corner Rintoul and Colombo Streets, Newtown, in the top room, from 6:00pm to 7:45pm.
We would appreciate a $2 contribution to cover room hire.
Please RSVP to Dennis at: 0220727147, or feel free to call if you have any questions.
CHRISTCHURCH SUPPORT GROUP
The first meeting is on the 25th January 2018 to discuss the way ahead and watch the movie They Heard Voices.
NO SUPPORT GROUP IN YOUR AREA?
We also have a facebook group where you can join in and chat: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hearingvoicesnetworkaotearoanz/
ANSWER: THEY ALL SPOKE PUBLICLY ABOUT HEARING VOICES OR HAVING VISIONS.